A new recipe every month!
Welcome to our monthly blog series where we embark on a culinary journey through the flavors of Switzerland, especially the Valais! Each month, we'll be sharing a mouthwatering recipe featuring a local delicacy, crafted with love and prepared using only the freshest, locally-sourced ingredients. Our goal is to inspire you to join us in this gastronomic adventure, tantalizing your taste buds and igniting a desire to experience the rich flavors of Switzerland firsthand. While we invite you to visit us and indulge in these delectable dishes in person, we also encourage you to recreate these recipes in the comfort of your own home, bringing a touch of our charming alpine village to your kitchen. Get ready to embark on a culinary voyage that will transport you to the heart of the Valais!
Recipe 1: Gâteaux Aux Abricots
- 185g flour
- 150g sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 180 ml milk of choice
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 50 ml apricot nectar or juice
- 50 ml Abricotine (or fruity spirit)
- 5-8 apricots
- 30g brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a 24cm springform pan
- In the bottom of the pan, sprinkle the brown sugar and place the apricots cut in half, open side facing the bottom of the pan on the sugar.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the olive oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, juice, and apricot liqueur
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir everything together until combined and pour over the apricots in the pan. Cook for 35 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before turning out the cake upside down.